Wanting to cut down on waste and make your own toothpaste? Here's ONE of many recipes, compliments of our nutritionist Pamela Ballard, that you can give a try to see just how simple and great it can be for your teeth and budget.
• About 1/2 cup coconut oil
• 2-3 Tbsp of aluminum free baking soda
• 15-20 drops of peppermint, spearmint or cinnamon essential oil
• 10 drops myrrh extract (optional)
1. Melt or slightly soften coconut oil.
2. Mix in other ingredients and stir well. If using semi-hard coconut oil, use a fork, if
not, use a spoon. If you are using completely melted coconut oil, you will need to
stir several times while the mixture cools to keep the baking soda incorporated.
3. Put mixture into small glass jar
4. Let cool completely.
5. To use: Dip toothbrush in jar and scrape small amount onto bristles or use
a small spoon to put it on toothbrush. Brush thoroughly.
Wanting to get even more sustainable? Consider ditching the plastic brushes and investing in these awesome Bamboo Toothbrushes!
They even have a special to try their rainbow themed brush for FREE.
Bamboo is one of the most sustainable resources we have access to. It's time to think smart, quit putting plastic into our land masses and oceans, and utilize these biodegradable materials for our everyday needs.
Every purchase, action, and example is an opportunity to make a BIG impact. Change starts with YOU and if we want this planet to be better off, it starts with all sorts of little changes that will then impact bigger economic patterns and lead to amazing results. It's not too late to start thinking and acting in the best interest of the big picture!